Ensuring Timely Results
Use this checklist to ensure timely receipt of test results.
- Verify contents. When you receive the test collection kit box, verify that you have all of the contents listed. If any kit components are missing, please contact Doctor's Data immediately.
- Use our containers. Send specimens in the shipping containers provided with the test kit. Make sure all tubes and containers are securely sealed and packaged.
- Clearly label specimens. Write the patient's full name, date of birth and collection date on each specimen with a permanent marker. Without this information, especially the collection date, we cannot verify positive sample identification and that the sample is viable for testing.
- Complete and sign the requisition. Carefully complete all of the sections and sign the test requisition form included in the test kit. Tests can be significantly delayed or canceled due to missing or incomplete information. For more information on completing the requisition form, click here.
- Include the appropriate specimen. Double check that your specimen matches the test requested, and that you have included a large enough sample for testing.
- Have the patient sign. Make sure your patient completes and signs their portion of the requisition form, or the test will be delayed while we await a signature.
- Confirm that Medicare patients have signed the ABN on the back. If a patient is eligible for Medicare, be sure to have them read and sign the Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) on the back of the requisition form, regardless of the billing method selected. Because Doctor's Data is a Medicare supplier, we cannot process specimens from Medicare-eligible patients without a signed ABN. For more information on completing the ABN, click here.